Sunday 25 March 2012

Question 4: Who would be the audience for your media production?

Question 4:
Who would 
be the audience for your media production?

Photographer - Austen Nuttall
The ideal target audience for my group's thriller would suitably be males between the ages of 16 and 21, mainly because they would enjoy upbeat thrillers such as "Essex Boys" (2000) and "Animal Kingdom" (2010) due to their youth and upbeat lifestyles. 


"Essex Boys" (2000) and "Animal Kingdom" (2010) both follow a male protagonist of a similar age (16-21) which would appeal to their audience, my group's thriller also uses a male protagonist which audiences of a similar age could possibly identify with. However, our thriller film may also appeal the attraction of females aswell between 16 - 21, this could be because they might find the male actors attractive.

I have carried out research into "Essex Boys" (2000) on Amazon.co.uk to find out if people buy similar films on DVD. I've found out that these films include a male cast and a violent story. These are two main features of "Essex Boys" (2000) and my group's thriller also includes these features. This is how I have determined if there is an audience for my group's thriller or not.



Also, questionnaires where carried out to see if this audience would be attracted to watch my group's thriller film. The questionnaires where distributed to 18 people, 10 males and 8 females each between the ages of 16 -17.

The 18 members of the audience viewed my version of the edit to my group's thriller film, whereas James Kent (group member) did the same for his edit. We then combined our feedback and create a final product which includes the best features of our two edits and any improvements which where suggested.

Here are a few results which I received and I have picked out to display on my blog - both male and female:



As mentioned in question 3, Facebook would be the ideal advertisement for my group's thriller production. Facebook would also be used by our audience as younger, more youthful people are signing up to the site. A servery by an American website called http://pewinternet.org states that:
"Facebook is the dominant social media site among teens, as 93% of teen social media users have a Facebook account."   
http://pewinternet.org/Reports/2011/Teens-and-social-media/Part-1/Facebook.aspx
Our audience of 16 -21 would wear stylish fashion trends as they are aware of their image and presentation towards one another.


Photographer - Austen Nuttall 


Older audiences, for example between the ages of 40 - 60 could also be our audience to our thriller, this is because they would appreciate the slight intertextual references and art-like cinematography of past films which they might have viewed during their childhood that feature in my group's production. For example, the inspiring long shot of a pathway in the ending scene of "The Third Man" (1949) inspired my group and resembles much likeness of my group's thriller. An older audience of this demographic may find this appealing as we are crediting the early days of films which are classed as being now iconic and famous because of their use of cinematography. 










No comments:

Post a Comment