Tuesday 15 November 2011

Opening To A Thriller Film: Planning Inspiration

Inspiration for my Practice Shots/Ideas

My Long Shot Version 1 and Version 2 relate to a film-noir mystery thriller called "The Third Man" (1949). The ending scene is very interesting. During the scene a character called Anna Schmidt  (Actress: Alida Valli) walks away from a vanishing point, as if she has just came though a different dimension. I find this scene very interesting simply because she is walking away from the vanishing point. Many films I've viewed in the past often use the vanishing point for a character or object to walk towards, but in "The Third Man" it is used in the opposite way. Below is a comparison of some of my location shots and the vanishing point used in "The Third Man".


Long Shot Version 1.

Long Shot Version 2.

The Third Man - End Scene.


The Third Man - Walking away from the vanishing point.

Walking Away From The Vanishing Point Video:




1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed by your thriller planning so far, Austen - the photos look great, with dramatic angles and interesting composition. Good use of Third Man reference - great promise shown.

    ReplyDelete